Saturday, June 7, 2014

One of those nights...

Do you ever have one of those nights where it's 2:30 am and your mind is spinning as fast as the ceiling fan above you?  I often have those.  Mostly my head is buzzing and racing about things which have to be done.  Decisions to be made. Sometimes it's just irritated at the great niece cutting logs beside you while her phone vibrates from text messages from friends. 

Tonight, or this morning rather, I believe I'm just so tired that I can't sleep.  Ugh.  Wait. Another text....

The Trustee's conference in Murfreesboro was nice.  I rather like traveling.  However the air wasn't working well in my room and the bed was horribly uncomfortable so sleeping alluded me there as it is right now. Plus the toilet wasn't working at check in. Maintenance guy had to fix.  I hate having to have a maintenance man in my room when traveling alone!

My biggest reason for not sleeping?  The real reason?  Guilt.  I was unkind today to someone I should have been overly kind to. I don't know why. Well, I do but it's no excuse.  Perhaps being tired brought my ugly side to light this afternoon.  But again, that's an excuse. And excuses I hate.  Like the excuses criminals made on that stupid COPS show Chelsea made me watch tonight.  (For revenge I forced her to sit through three episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress".)

Ugh.  Another text.....and more snoring.  Maybe I should just get up and try sleep again later.  But. Oh wait. I have to work tomorrow.  I'm already feeling a good long nap tomorrow.  I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment