Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Waitress

On vacation in NYC we stopped to eat in a cafe in Central Park. The food was french or something or other.  I was good.  The waitress was not so much.  She put all checks on same bill and didn't refill drinks.  Wasn't very helpful.  I hadn't noticed much about the service until I was leaving.  

Everyone in our group had already walked off the patio on were gone.  I was gathering my things into my backpack.  The waitress came up and asked something like "was your food not good?"  I said "yes" and was wondering what was going on.  She then made the comment "It's customary in the states to tip 15%.  I was SHOCKED she confronted a customer that way and should have went straight to the manager.   We had all given our money into one pile for her.  I have no idea what the tip ended up being but wasn't too worried as she hadn't been the greatest.  

Thinking about it I think I was more shocked that she thought we weren't from the United States.  Is our accent soooo bad? lol


Meal my sister Lynette and I split. It was pretty good. Think it was
a French type dish.

3 comments:

  1. You have responded with, well since I am from the states I know that it is customary that a tip is only as good as the service. It is customary for a server to earn a 15% tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GOOD ONE! I was too shocked for a come back......lol

      Delete
  2. My jaw dropped open when I read this!! What a b-word.

    ReplyDelete