Wednesday, February 5, 2014

This Past Saturday

Chris went mountain biking with Jeremiah and Sarah Saturday while I had lunch at Bert's with Packy and April.  I'm thinking I got the better end of the stick.   Especially when the bike trail at Volzwagon was closed when they got there...

Packy is doing great with his chemo.  Although he said he is very tired.  Packy has three rounds but has a round for five days straight every three weeks.  The first round he stayed in the hospital during the week long treatment.   Packy said staying at the hospital was horrible and plans to drive back and forth each day next week for chemo.

I told Packy to be careful with that.  Sure the fatigue is all he feels now.  BUT I told him that he was a healthy man on that first round.  The round coming up?  Well he's starting that one fatigued and not healthy and the third will be started with an even more unhealthy body.

I said "Packy, you better stay in hospital if there is any indication of blood pressure problems or vomiting or diarrhea or fevers  You will not want to turn deathly ill at home and end up in some emergency room sick as a dog.  You'd have to wait forever for paperwork be completed and see a doctor,  all while you're sick."

Another one of my concerns is Packy driving himself back and forth to treatment.   He is going to grow only more and more fatigued.   Hard to travel fatigued.   He will also be taking nausea medicines so I don't know how those chemo drugs and nausea meds will affect his driving.   They may not. I dunno.  I do know I drove myself to Knoxville five days a week for several weeks for radiation.   The amount of fatigue I experienced was over whelming.  I should have had someone take me to help drive.   I became very drowsy driving home.  And that only grew worse as treatment continued. 

But Packy is doing remarkably well and I just pray treatment continues and stays as easily as can be expected.  We love Packy so very much.  He was Chris' s best man at our wedding.  Ohhhhh the stories they tell of childhoods.   I keep telling Packy to write a book!


I think Packy's major goal is to follow doctor's orders so he will heal fast enough to be on his boat by spring!





No comments:

Post a Comment