Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Dresses

Growing up momma sewed many clothes for me.  I'm not sure what the picture below was for but the back says 5th grade. Mom made the pale blue dress after I picked the pattern.




Mom made the floral skirt to go with the sweater my freshman or sophomore year.  I remember buying the sweater but not being able to match it to anything. So she fixed that problem. 





The pink lace dress was from JCPenney for my Senior Year Class Night.  Maybe I thought Mom's sewing talents weren't good enough for such an important night.  I don't know.   But I do remember the drive home being very quiet. We were almost home when mom said in a low, serious voice out of nowhere, "Marna, you really were the prettiest up there."  I never felt pretty during my life but for some reason, for one moment in time, I believed her because there was something in her voice that night when she spoke those words which were in a different tone than normal. Mom died a year later. Somehow,  someway things always link back to her. As maybe they should...



No comments:

Post a Comment