Sunday, May 4, 2014

Last Night

Yesterday evening after a full day of planting flowers and turning horses in and out and a few other barn chores my 12 year old great niece text to see if I wanted to go eat.   She had just got home from her soccer game in Chattanooga and was hungry.   I text back and said sure.  Where?   Bella said The Beach.

Bella text a few minutes later and asked if her sister could go.  I said sure the shafter could go. She usually doesn't go anywhere if Bella is along. They bicker too much.  But I guess for a burger at The Beach she could tolerate her little sister for a while.

When we got to The Beach we saw what we were afraid we'd see.  A super duper looong line.  So I asked if we could go somewhere else.   We ended up at the Dinner Bell in Sweetwater where I asked the question "if you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be?"

Chelsea asked if they could have condiments.   I told her it didn't really work that way but yes. So she picked chicken.   I picked potatoes.   Bella picked broccoli and cheese soup with bread.  I told Bella couldn't have bread.  That's it's own food.  And she and Chelsea started the bickering.

I told Bella she could have bread if I could have butter and milk for my potatoes.   And salt.  I don't believe Chelsea liked our little agreement.

During all the driving to and from Chelsea and I would play music sort of like we did the night before.  But now with a 12 year old in the car I wasn't sure what to play so Chelsea would say yes or no when I started a song.

When we got back to their house to drop Chelsea off (Bella was spending the night with me so therefore she wouldn't) we chatted a minute in the car.   Bella told Chelsea "move Chelsea!  I want my Marna time".  Awwww.....I'm not cool but hey, I'll enjoy thinking I am because in a few years they're going to figure out what I already know. I'm pretty boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment