Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I hate being late


Would have been on time by my internal clock (12:45) for doctor's appointment except for the fact a lane was closed getting off one highway onto Kingston Pike. I'm thinking maybe the powers that be shouldn't close a lane of traffic during the day where UT campus and a major hospital are side by side. But that's okay. I'm not a road rage kinda girl. Especially when it's my fault I'm late.

Finally made in the parking garage at 1:10. Of course the elevator stopped at every floor on the way to the fifth.

After going faster than my body is made too, at 1:12 I'm in doc office. (Was able to park at entrance to parking garage due to a trick I've learned through the years.) As I signed in I noticed a sign that said "if you are 15 minutes late or more your appointment may be rescheduled."

I wrote my appointment time on the sign in sheet as 1:00 and arrival as 1:10 (I rounded down so I wasn't on the dreaded 15).

The lady asked my name. I told her Marna Hull. She punched some keys, looked at me and said "your appointment isn't until the 16th".

I do hate to be late......





Cupcakes made everything better.......










1 comment: