Thursday, January 8, 2015

Wrist Tattoo

I told Tennie I've had worse when she gave me a flu shot at the Health Department today and said "I'm sorry".  But, wow, my arm is really sore.

Tennie knows all about my breast cancer battle a few years ago as she shared an office at the Health Department with my sister for many years.

Tennie asked which arm she could use. Most nurses and doctors I see know to ask. I've had lymph nodes removed from my right arm so no sticks or blood pressure.

Healthcare workers not familiar with former cancer patients do not know or either do not think to ask.  Of course now I don't look like a cancer patient so I'm quick to say no to my right arm and offer my left.

Soooo...all that to say I've decided to get a tattoo on the underside of my wrist that says "No BP.  No Sticks".  I bet Ami James could create something cool.  Maybe I'll head to Miami.

Oh.  And I'm only kidding.  Well.  Half way...


Okay.  Horrible pre-design. I was writing with my left hand onto my right wrist.  But you get the idea.  

Ami James will make it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment