Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Long but full day...

The courthouse closes at noon on Wednesday so I thought this would be the perfect afternoon to finish up my carry permit.  No.  Taking a class and a written test and a shooting test doesn't give you a gun carry permit.  You must also apply at the DMV and have photo taken. Then onto another place for fingerprinting and paperwork for background check. Now it's a 60 to 90 day wait to get my actual permit.

My great niece Bella wanted to tag along so I picked her up after I got off from work.  First and foremost on our afternoon agenda......lunch of course! Zaxby's it was to be.  It's not on my list of favorites but Bell likes it.

After we got our belly full off to the DMV for an almost three hour wait.  Then a phone call for questions to get an appointment for fingerprinting then off to complete looong process to carry.

Poor Bella.  She was a trooper and didn't complain.   I think she actually enjoyed the day.  Found the experience interesting.  

Since we were both worn out from doing nothing except sitting in a chair we stopped at Mayfield Dairy's ice cream parlor for ice cream cones.

COOP and Walmart and gas station finished the day.  A good day...


No comments:

Post a Comment