Saturday, March 8, 2014

Campaign Funnies

My family and biggest supporters. 

In 2008 election year I ran for Monroe County Trustee.  It was a tough year in more ways than just the physical and emotional brutal'ness of running a hard primary in spring and then the general election in fall.  My daddy died about a month before the primary.  It was so hard to not have him there when I won the primary.

But here is some political humor I have ran across since entering the world of politics.

Chris and I were campaigning door to door one Saturday in 2008.   He would pull in a drive and I'd jump out to go knock.  As I was approaching the porch of a house I saw something familiar. My yard signs! Probably 50 of them slung way up under the porch. Hmmm...this was not the home of a supporter of mine!   The people weren't home and I was flabbergasted.   Yard signs are expensive.  Very much so.  People for meanness will steal them. Teens will for jokes. But 50?  Whole new level.

Oh!  How I wish I'd had a phone with a camera! For that and for this:

A year after elections, 2009, I was driving through Vonore on HWY 411.  Now mind you, elections were over a year ago. Election signs were long gone. Suddenly a sign up ahead caught my eye.  It looked like one of my yard signs!  There was something over the middle but I could see the outer edges showing halves of lettering of which could only be my sign.

The closer I got I could see a piece of white notebook paper was stuck to middle of sing. Getting closer still I could read the words YARD SALE scrawled on the paper with an arrow pointing right.  Well. At least one sign was recycled for use.


The last cute funny I can think of.  A couple of years ago a friend was shopping in a local consignment store.   She was flipping through a rack and there suddenly was a "Hull for Trustee" t-shirt.  How funny.....






2 comments:

  1. Love it! You gotta love those political signs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing all of them, everywhere this week made me remember a few things. Lol. I remember where that house is too..... ;)

      Delete